How To Clean a Motorcycle Windshield
By Walter F. Kern
If your motorcycle has a windshield, it's a good idea to clean it off first before you ride. You also don't want to damage it in the process. Here's a simple way to clean it.
Here's How to Clean a Motorcycle Windshield:
- If the motorcycle has a centerstand, place it on the stand.
- Get two old terry cloth dishtowels.
- Dip the corner of one of the towels in some warm water.
- Use the wet end of the towel to clean the outside of the windshield.
- Clean the side mirrors at the same time.
- Use the dry end of the wet towel to dry the windshield. Use the backside of the towel.
- Set the first towel aside.
- Use the second dry towel to complete the drying.
- Get the first wet towel and use it to clean the inside of the windshield.
- Dry the inside with the dry end of the towel as before.
- Complete the drying with the other dry towel.
- Touch up any bad spots.
- Never use any commercial window cleaners on your motorcycle windshield.
- Never use paper towels on the windshield.
- Keep some spare dishtowels on your bike to clean the windshield while on a trip.
Click Picture for Walter F. Kern's
Kindle, Paperback, and Audible